Saturday, April 21, 2007

Being Tanned

And then, there is me, darker. More like legam - er.

Me frolicking on the beach (the shaded part) looking at my friend trying to get an overall tan. The breeze was blowing on my face, the sun fierce and the frikkin’ few semuts that were there, even fiercer. We had to move our spot somewhere else.

We went early in the morning to Tanjung Sedili, a part which my friend said is deserted and where we could relax and just be ourselves…

It took us about three hours to get there. Along the way, the scenery was incredible. Of kos, I took pictures kay??? We went in a 4WD and it was pleasant. We took a shortcut and saved us one hour.


We went through Kota Tinggi, and to my surprise, it's like a dead city. The businesses have all shifted to another area. Spaces that had been Banks and other financial institutions were vacated and there were remnants of the last flood which shook the country here. The last time I went here, all shops were already opened around 9 AM, we arrived in Kota Tinggi at about that time and everything was different.

The quiet winding roads were a drastically enjoyable change that we have had the opportunity to savor that day. I talked most of the time, my friend either agreed or gasp whenever the occasion calls for it.

Friend told me that I am the perfect travelling companion as I was trying to keep the excitement up throughout the drive and according to him, it worked!

Thank God my outgoing - ness pays off, at least, haha.

Newly built bridge, cutting off 1 hour off the journey



My friend was gracious enough to stop whenever he saw something interesting on the way. He was aware that I have a blog and was only too glad to show and tell of some interesting fact about the place. He'd been there a few times, and some of his Singaporean friends have asked him to stop to take pictures of certain things that an urban dweller don't usually find. Like the cow crossing sign post up there.


Along the way we passed vast pieces of land, palm estates spanning hundreds of hectares. My travelling companion told me that it is currently in the middle of replanting new trees to replace the shrivelled and dried up old ones. I know that in time, it will be green again, but it is still a disturbing sight.

What I found even more devastating is that how easy it is to choose development over the environment. Although somehow I know that this lone factory is probably giving the chance for the people around here to have a live worth living, somehow, I can't help thinking that there must be a win - win situation to do it without harming the environment.

A moment to please the exhibitionist soul in Sarcy.

We had a bumpy ride to get to the deserted spot. It was one of those places that one should not tackle with any other car but a 4WD. You can try but after that you will have to send your ride to have its' suspensions looked at.

It took us about 15 minutes to finally get here, and it was worth every minute of it.


I wasn't kidding when I said deserted. It really was.

More from my Ixus



I love beaches, I really just do. Let me tell you what Sarcy thinks is the best thing to do on the beach, stand with your arms stretched wide feeling the wind on your face and in your hair. Talking with your friend / friends about things, picking up shells and finding out if there is still a hermit crab in it, and name it.

I named one Oscar, and the other Gregory.

Took this picture before changing. What you will miss is the tan lines on my body. Bloody hell. I made a mental note after to buy sun screen with higher SPF.

We walked along the shore to pick sea shells afterwards. Along the way, I saw a couple of eagles soaring above my head. We suspected the nest to be somewhere on top of the trees we were under.
There was also a playful butterfly flying near my feet, which complied to my request of taking a shot of it.



Funny how time flies, and since it was getting hotter by the second we decided to pack up and leave. Just for the heck of it, we took a few pictures, me in the car, me fighting the temptation to climb onto the car's roof, me really verifying that we were in the middle of nowhere by standing in the middle of the road.




Sarcy acting as if the car was hers... hehehe...



Psst... there is a watermelon farm back there...

The farm, that is, will come back in 3 months to steal one of the melons


7 comments:

  1. waa.. amoi lu manyiak sex.y woooo...

    fewiit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if u curik that melon, pass me some ey..

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading your post reminds me to my childhood back in 90's. me and my family used to stay at Mersing since my father was transfered there for few years.

    Tg Sedili really reminds me how we spent time at the beach, looking at the sunset, picking up funny looking crabs, smelling the salty sea breeze, very rilexing

    maybe i should go there someday. arhghh i really need a getaway atm.

    by the way, waaaaa seksinyerrr :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. i prefer air papan beach.the water's green n the beach are nicer..:p

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah true, Air Papan also nice one, eh Penyabung also nice, the water's clear as crystal, the sand's white as flour.

    But to enjoy super duper nice beach, why not Tioman Island? The corals (it's blooming now), priceless :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the shots you take of your feet in the water. that's nice..

    babe, you need no extra melons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sHERYL,

    Seperti biasa bu'.

    Tenno (Hapa tu?)

    pi amik gambo & makan buah kat kedai tembikai je lah.

    Lilith,

    i have always been an urban babe.. so going to the beach is always an occasion...

    Tiena,

    ye meh.. i went to Air Papan and it didnt impress me that much.. :P

    ReplyDelete