Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Being ‘sombong’…

A friend told me that I could look like a snob sometimes.

The kind where we encounter at colleges, the kind we would dismiss as ‘Anak Orang Kaya tak sedar diri guna duit mak bapak tapi sombong’ kind.

I was told this at a club, which I went to one day before I got sick and got an MC for (Eleh… so shoot me la).

I wasted my time dressing up in my MNG toga top and wearing my spanking new heels, only to be caught in the rain, got my toes all wet, and because it was so cold in the bar, I had to keep my hooded sleeved jacket on.

Very un-fun when you went the distance in dressing to impress just to get it all covered up voluntarily.

I felt cheated as well, because I was told DJ Jakeman (Yeah from that crap of a radio station, I shall name no names) was going to spin. For all it’s worth, when he is not playing the clichéd and boring club hits like Dre’s Next Episode and Jamelia’s Superstar, he is quite alright. But I was there until 12 frikkin’ AM and I was still tortured with 80’s music.

I am just not an 80’s person. Grooving to Madonna’s yesteryear’s hits and Rick Astley is not my idea of fun. I would be content if some Earth Wind and Fire was played, but nooo… they went for Jason Donovan instead…

You can ask Sheryl and all the glam babes who went clubbing with me. 80’s is just not my era.

Hell, no wonder I got sick after that.

If I have my way, I would smack the DJ at the consul silly and play this. But on another note, I should reserve this number at a classier joint with a crowd that knows how to appreciate it.



Well, okay, all that contributed to my not so fun side of personality. When I get bored with everything around me, I get aloof, verbally disjointed and I would ignore everyone. I am just drama like that.

My friend told me that I was positively looking like a grand snob that night. I looked bored and uninterested, and possibly a bit sick. I told him it may be that I WAS sick in the first place. The only reason why I agreed to come was because it was Awi’s birthday and being that he is one of my best friends, I had to come and wish him a happy one.

By the by, Happy Birthday you prick! Hehehe…

So to conclude, no, Sarcy is ne’er sombong nor have I ever been one. Blame it on everything else around me… hehe… keyword here is ‘could’ and ‘look’.

End of story, this post should be titled ‘Being Misunderstood’.

(Ada suara-suara sumbang in the background shouting ‘Aren’t we all!’)

3 comments:

  1. hehehehehehe ...

    I'm so the 80s freak, but once awhile okay la kot.

    you snob?

    kita pergi mengeteh, then I decide on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...

    you 'sombong'? wait till u see my face..

    people told me that I have a serius unfriendly face but then again, I'm just a lil bit shy (haha can't believe i've said that). In my case, it's hard for me to be friendly to the people that i've just met. true.*gigles*

    ~LiLith being MissUnderstood as well~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby & lilith,

    kopi @colosseum sometimes??

    hehe

    ReplyDelete