Friday, January 12, 2007

Love thyself



A friend once told me that the only way to learn how to love, is to learn to love myself.

It is easy to fall in love with one’s self, and for someone as selfish as I am, it is even harder to let go of that self love to love someone else.

A fortune teller once told me, without me wanting so much as to believe him that I might be totally infatuated with myself, but once I fall in love, for real, I will crumble and will never again have faith in that single elusive entity, in case it never worked.

I shrugged that off.

So now, I am trying to once again, fall in love with myself yet again. I would like to be just as self absorbed, and uninterested, the way I was a few years ago.

There are many more things to do in life than to beg for someone’s affection and time. There are many other things to do than to get hurt even if that person says it was not meant to hurt.

Love thyself, before you love others. Protection or just plain defensive? I don’t care, really, just leave me the hell alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment