Sunday, May 6, 2007

Being Man-ly

(Video Playing - Just Like A Boy-Ciara)

A friend of mine got so fed up with her live – in boyfriend, that she gave up and start behaving like him.

If you can’t beat him, join him at his own game.

Apparently she says, being non analytical and aloof about the whole ‘thing’ really did make him uncomfortable. She has succeeded in making him feel so inadequate, that in that relationship of theirs, he is now officially, the emotional woman and she is the jerk.

I listened to her with much interest. The conversation took place over coffee at Pelangi. It was my Tai – tai day. Before that we went to Puteri Pacific for Dim Sum hi – tea.

According to her, she enjoys it so much, that she decided that she will keep on being that jerk until she really wants to stop. She wants to prolong her boyfriend’s suffering longer, so that she would know how suffocating it is for a woman trying to figure out what goes on in that hollow head of his.

The both of us have gone through a lot in life, especially where men are concerned. We have had it up to our heads. I have had it up to mine with my previous ‘relationship’. I have eversince decided to give it a rest. I changed my life, my appearances, my philosophy (Yada yada), my friends, my approach towards all things male.

However, I am still struggling trying to handle my frustration and all. The ex did call, only to make things worst by reminding me about it. He wants to stay as friends, on a basis that we have gone through a lot together. I want to forget him, on the basis that I have gone through a lot with him.

But I am taking it all in my stride, like a man would. I don’t talk about it, I have become nonchalant about a lot of things, I have become insensitive as well.

Just like a man.

This could be good, or bad.

Being all this with Phil does make him uncomfortable to a certain extent. Although we have a no strings attached kind of ‘thing’, whenever we are together on those RARE weekends that he would be around, he would always snuggle up to me, reminding me that he will be there for me, whether I like it or not. I would be indifferent.

I don’t expect much nowadays. What will happen, will happen, I don’t give a frikkin’ damn about it.

I am so man… in short.

On a good note, my indifference to these things does give me the chance to prioritize my life. My photography, my reading, my shoes, you know, things like that. In a weird twist of events, it made me realize what is more important.

And it is definitely not sex.

8 comments:

  1. Can totally relate to the entry doll.

    I decided to switch polar and started acting like a man when it comes to relationship 5 years ago.

    Screw the whole emotional instability that comes with being a woman i.e. crying buckets and hyperventilate/palpitate, pulling overdramatic stunts etc. (Does not help being a Cancer at that too!)

    It made me feel a lot better as this new outlook when it comes to men changed my emotional state of being.

    Then suddenly while taking pride in being able to control my emotions I am now back to where I was once before still crying buckets the whole cadoodle.

    WTF, I thought.

    While I think it is a great way to safe guard one self, I also think one must be careful not to get stuck in the middle (emotional yet very blase about things).

    It is a very confusing not to mention challenging position to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. feels good, doesn't it?

    take care, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With or without a man, women who takes control of their lives are sexy and you're one hottie gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you want to be a man? kena belch out loud and scratch your groin in public dulu... baru kira.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danyanova,

    hey babe,thanks for coming to humble bloger abode.

    the thing about us women is sometimes we tend to make things larger than it actually is. me being a woman, will have to agree to that.

    i thought we just need to see men as they are, boys still growing up, and maybe we could avoid stooping down to their standards. :)

    Beskot,

    very the good, although sometimes, sedih jugakla kan...

    des,

    i never saw you do that, why dont you? HAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like giving them a taste of their own medicine?
    Do you think they really care?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ice bebeh,

    i dont care... but my friend said her BF freaked out, asked her a lot of questions. i guess if the man really loves you, he would. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's cos i'm a gentleman..

    oi.. don't laugh la..

    ReplyDelete