Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Being a good date...

I have been back in the dating scene for a couple of months already.

Keeping in mind that I don’t expect anything to come out of it (No… not even sex), I went about it with care and stressed to the date that I am independent and honestly, a relationship is not really on my priority list right now.

It is an interesting game, this dating thing. Before this, I have never gone on so many dates before. I think I will be able to get into the groove of things. Afterall, life has been dull, work has been taxing (and boring), so dates are in a way, something for me to amuse myself with.

My first date since my break up was with an engineer, namely, Phil Da Fling. It was about three weeks since then and I was slightly bitter and was extremely cynical. The difference was that I was the one who initiated the date. I approached him at a bar because he was alone, looking bored. He looked extremely cute with his tie pulled down his unbuttoned work shirt.

Our first ‘date’ was kind of like an induction session. He was new to JB and I did not want to go to blasé western restaurants. When he asked me for a date, literally, I asked him to be dressed up as casual as he could. I met up with him in my jeans, chiffon flowy off shoulder top that I have splurged a hefty RM 300 for in ‘Guess?’ and my pair of gold stilettos.

That’s my new kind of casual.

And we went for dinner at IT ROO Café, in one of the shady parts of JB. The whole dinner costs less than 50 bucks, and we ended the night with a no holds barred convo, over a bucket of beer at one of the bars in town.

The dates I went on after that were forgettable. Food, drinks, less than interesting conversation, corny jokes, cheesy one liners, lack of personality and a lot more contributed to it being forgettable. Makes me wonder what happen to the male population in JB.

Nevertheless, I did have a good time knowing more people, coming out from my comfort (And somehow, pathetic) zone.

I remember a person most from the conversation that I had with them, as a person. I don’t remember their cute nose, their platinum card and their fancy continental cars.

Some guys that I dated told me that they are dating me for a reason and they do want something to ‘flourish’ out of it, if possible, to which I replied (Politely-la) I am not in any hurry to make anything ‘flourish’ so let’s just stay as friends.

Bet the guy will be going, great, I just wasted 20 bucks on this woman.

Come on now, it is only a date… nothing heavy. Enjoy it, kick off your heels and enjoy the company.




2 comments:

  1. "I met up with him in my jeans, chiffon flowy off shoulder top that I have splurged a hefty RM 300 for in ‘Guess?’ and my pair of gold stilettos.

    That’s my new kind of casual."

    *CASUAL* nyaaaaaaa..... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. my new kind of casual laaaaa

    HAHAHA... i am the born again pesenista!

    ReplyDelete