Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sincerity : Keikhlasan

I have always believed in being sincere.

As a matter of fact, I believe that if you are insincere in anything that you do, nothing good will come out of it.

Like in work for an example. If one complains about every single thing that the manager/company is not doing, that person won't go forward.

I am not saying that one should not highlight their 'frustration'. I am a firm believer in transparency and honesty as well. But if your 'frustration' comes in the way of your performance, because you have become decidedly insincere in doing the job that you are paid for, that is wrong.

Let me be honest, at the moment, until further notice, I am kind of underpaid. But then again, who would say that they are overpaid? (Maybe the prime minister would but hey, that is between him and GOD, if he want to go on and spend the 'Rakyat's' money on another useless building that would probably cause us normal people a bomb to 'visit'---On another note, why should we the, people who had to pay taxes, had to pay for any admission for anything to these things when it is so clear that we frikkin' paid for the construction anyway???--- ignore me for being somewhat political).

But the fact remains that I enjoy my job. Of course, people going on MCs depresses me at times, but I don't expect everyone to have my immune system, right?

I am doing my job with all sincerity (I hope) and at times, when things get a bit rough, I will recite a few 'Kalimah' that was taught to me by my Grandpa, ending it with the 'Syahadah' and then a little prayer as I turn the steering wheel to the office building before work/ home after work.

Usually my prayer would go like this :

"God, please give me the patience and the strength to live life as it is, to handle challenges and to do all this with sincerity."

I am here doing what I am doing and things had been fine and dandy, because I believe in making it all happen, sincerely, not just for my own good but for the good of everyone that I have to take care of.

So, the next time you want to complain, you can, but make sure after that, you gather yourself up, and just, deal with it... sincerely. :)

Have a great midweek everyone. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment