Thursday, October 7, 2010

A hopeful traveler, whimsical fashionista, a wishful decorator and a hesitant Iphone enthusiast

Mr. Probably-Would-be-boyfie-husband-if-it-works-that-is remarked that next year would be the year we travel. 

With Bali and Osaka in the docks, we are hopeful that our busy schedule will permit us to at least make use of our dusty passports. 

Before Bali, of course, we are thinking of going somewhere local for a short weekend break. He insist that we do this so that I can get stress out of my system. 

FYI, I have been stressed out mainly because of the tow of projects within the current project which operations I am responsible for now.

On top of that, I also have to train the new hires in one of the modules that would take a whole week to complete. 

So, a trip is SO in order. 

It just so happened that two of our friends are planning a trip to Osaka, Japan next year. They extended their invite and we happily said --- 

YES please. *nod nod*

Although Japan had never been in my personal travel plans, I guess it would be a great trip to just chill with two of our good friends and discover new set of cultures. Maybe we would even go Harajuku... who knows!

At the same time, I was informed that I need to attend a somewhat formal do DURING NORMAL HOURS affair in the office. 

The invitation came as a surprise somewhat to me because I have only been a 'manager' for less than a year (Well.. one more month, it will be a year!) and already they are including me in this somewhat sort of interestingly major do. 

To my shock and horror, this also made me realize that I have no formal office clothes to wear at all. Those that I have can no longer fit. My work pants are so baggy, I can sew in a little pocket at the crotch to put my lipsticks in.

This sent me out on a frenzy. Mr. Probably-Would-be-boyfie-husband-if-it-works-that-is said that desperate times call for desperate measures. 

'Buy new stuff la.' He said. 

Of course because he IS Mr. Probably-Would-be-boyfie-husband-if-it-works-that-is,  unfortunately he wouldn't be footing the bill. ;)

So we  went to Dorothy Perkins in Bangsar Village. The reason why I love DP is that their pants come in two types. Regular and short. 

My height is at 163 CM. Most of the pants I got from Seed and even Edmund Ser had to spend the first few days of their wearability age at the tailor's because on most occasion, I had to trim the extra long seams. 

I forgot how I have enjoyed wearing these corporate togs. As I slipped on the tailored shirt, I reminisced on my PR days. Oh those high heeled pointy shoes, those sleek skirts and tucked in cotton/silk shirts. 

Cufflinks too. 

I ended up buying a nice fitting black pants at RM 79 bucks. 

Of course, I was also trying on some bohemian stuff they had lying around. Oversized tanks and flats. 

Next purchase, a Gap long and cropped pants. 

--

Ikea came out with their 2011 catalogue recently. 

Mr. Probably-Would-be-boyfie-husband-if-it-works-that-is and I went to the store to get the catalogues but was told that they put 100,000 books out daily and it's all out for the day. 

Some time on Monday (I think), I managed to go to Ikea on my own and snatched the last copy. 

Going through it while having my dinner of meat balls and soup, I wished silently that I would have enough time to decorate my pad. 

At the moment I am sharing the pad with a housemate and her husband. We have been staying with each other for 2 years now. 

I lust after a rug the same way I would a beautiful dress. 

Only to NOT buy it because I was thinking, Yeah... LIKE I have the time to go the whole mile. 

I have all kinds of decorating ideas for the house. I would love a plush homey couch, a nice rug and big cushions, frames of modern art set on  a burgundy painted wall and pictures of loved ones hung in one corner of the house.

Also, in my head, I would also want a nook for my growing collection of books. 

And the kitchen would be fully equipped with all the stuff a bachelorette would need. 

A microwave oven, a 'red' fridge and a stove with an oven. 

Maybe with little knick knacks, such as a chicken shaped fruit basket or maybe a dog shaped creamer pitcher, with a corkboard with confusing TNB bills on 'em. 

I can wish, can't I?


--

I was talking to a friend when to my dismay, one of the keypads on my 3 year old handphone, fell off. I have been using Sony Z610i (If I am not mistaken) for the longest time. I love the phone to death, but when the keypads are falling off, one has to do something! I tried to repair it, but that option had been thrown out the window because it is kind of impossible right now. 

I have been planning on buying a new phone for as long as I can remember and for a short time was briefly excited by I-Phones. 

I even went to my service provider to get the lowdown of I-phone plans from them. 

One of the reason why I didn't take the phone was because of the ridiculous phone price. For an I - phone, I can get two Sony Ericsson phones or a flat screen TV!

Although I thought the plans come with very reasonable rates. 

Any plan that comes with unlimited data usage is fine by me. 

I was sidetracked by Sony Xperia mini pro for a while after that. I simply love its' compact size and sleek designs (Functions too, I supposed).

But then, due to some unforeseen turn of events that has everything to do with my mode of transportation, the plan was put on hold. 

Until recently. I find that I have been using my blackberry too much. Of course 99% of my phone calls had been to my staff and my boss (I am pretty pathetic like that). I personally thought that this has to stop. 

So now with I-phone 4Gs out, I might turn my interest back to Apple. I was told that it has better functions than the 3Gs variety. I love the full touch screen functionality, although I have to admit that it is a bit too big for moi. But that doesn't mean I am put off totally from getting it. 

Until then, I am happy with my somewhat handicapped phone. I might just be waving a new Centa Hati that is I-Phone soon, who knows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment