Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And then there is 1

During my sister's wedding last week, I was sitting with my Mum and an Aunt at home while my Sister were busy putting on the finishing touches to the 'hantaran' stuff.

"And then there is one." My Aunt said in Malay, smiling at me. My Mum didn't say anything and just smiled along.

I remembered asking my Mum who would she think she would have ended up with if she didn't meet my Dad. My Mum said, probably noone, although she was a hot commodity at that time.

As a matter of fact, my Mum told me that she told my Late Ah-Poh (My maternal Grandmother) that she might not be married at all.

My Mum really don't have any kind of expectations on her children. To her, we will marry when we find the right person. She also is, I think, kind of ok with my very private life.

When the right one comes, I know I will probably reconsider marriage. Probably. If that person never comes, then, on my own I would be.

With Love, Namaste.

Ayu

Us siblings after the Solemnization

My Mum and I

No comments:

Post a Comment