Friday, March 2, 2012

Yoga for curvy people



Curvy is the politically correct term for fat.

Or, pudgy, or.. oh what the hell.. fat.

So I used to be fat. Really fat... like 75 kilos fat.

I am still kind of fat... but I guess I am less fat than before.

The question that was plaguing me before I decided to dabble in and practice Yoga before losing all these pounds were :

Do fat people do Yoga?

I have to admit, as a fat person, I used to be intimidated by the slim and fit physique of the people in my old Yoga studio.

I am still intimidated now even. I have been wanting to go to the Yoga studio ran by fellow blogger Ninie Ahmad for some time now but had been using 'the distance' excuse to not go.

Truth is, I was scared that I might feel intimidated by all the other bendier, slimmer and definitely more positive sun shiny people doing the salutations there.

I was bloghopping yesterday during lunch on my Iconia and decided to click on the links on Yogadork's link list and stumbled on a blog on yoga for curvy people.

I will add the link in soon here. I was blown away by the articles in the blog, on how positive and how the writer was looking at life... and Yoga, from a curvy perspective.

Now, I don't know if I will ever perfect my Chaturanga, hanumanasana or ever manage to do a simple arm balance pose in this lifetime but there is so much more to Yoga than bending yourself over to see your own bum.

Yoga is a practice for you to discover yourself and to see things in a new light.

The bending over to see your bum is of course... a bonus.

Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Take a picture when you meet your bum.
    So your on a iconia.
    Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already my bum. working on a makeover for it. :)

    ReplyDelete