Monday, July 18, 2011

The trouble with weekends is that there are never enough of them going around

Picture courtesy of webbsoflincoln.co.uk
I am a weekender.

I am brought to life every weekends, I live life the way it is supposed to be lived on Saturdays and Sundays.

No C-SAT reports, no scheduling, no dumbass staff, no strategic quality planning, nothing that requires me to pull my hair and shout in my car.

All I do on weekends is to have fun.

If we are to narrow this down with numbers, it will look like this :

There are 105 weekends (Saturdays +Sundays) in a year. That equals to 2520 hours.

Assuming we spend 8 hours for sleep, that means we take out 840 hours and is left with only 1680 hours to do everything else.

1680 hours to live, technically. To live without mentioning work, or backstabbing work colleagues.

To live as life intend us to.

So, cherish your weekends, do something worthwhile. Do it while you can.

Sketch Courtesy of Godop

Last weekend, I spent time with the couple I am going to become a maid of honor for in September and also Krishna who is going to become their Best man. Not to mention spending time with The Scotsman.

On Sunday, I went with two of my good guy friends to Jalan TAR / Jalan Masjid India.

It was my first time after years. I used to love going there, taking in the hustle and bustle of your average Malaysian people. It's Bangsar/Damansara 10 times removed, and I loved it to bits!


In front of Sogo, where we stopped for 'Keropok Lekor' (Deep fried fish crackers) and LokLok (Street Steamboat). All the things that white people fear of are right here (Exposed raw food and handmade cordials)

The weekends were closed with our weekly rice session at Nirwana Maju in Bangsar. This time it was different because we did this for hours :

That bloody game was stressfull. And absolutely virtually painful. 

I hope that your weekend was just as full as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment