Wednesday, June 23, 2010

-______-

Maya Angelou had always been one of my favorite authors.

I have only read excerpts of her books, namely the famous I Know Why The Caged Bird sings.

But I do know that she is inspirational.

A friend forwarded me an email about her interview with Oprah. Her whimsical and relaxed somewhat humorous approach to getting old is hilarious and honest.

How can you not love someone who reportedly quoted as saying this on growing older;... Regarding body changes, she said there were many, occurring every day.....like her breasts. They seem to be in a race to see which will reach her waist, first.

:).

Everytime I went to the bookstore with a single minded intention to buy the whole collection of her books, silly ol' me always managed to get sidetracked. The last time I went, instead of spending RM 200 over on Maya Angelou's complete collection, I bought a huge hard cover book on photography!

Yes... that is why I guess God gives me the sense to only have 1 credit card in my purse (well actually I have two but the other is for Emergencies!!!---> bolded and supersized)

That's the thing about people growing old nowadays. Some, especially those who are constantly under the limelight and is pretty much a public figure, turn to things like botox and vitamin C shots.

To be honest with you, I still don't know whether getting vitamin C shots are actually... still healthy... (Yeah... considering you are basically injecting 'vitamins' into your face.)

The only vitamin C I take are those orange flavored ones, the ones that we siblings considered as treats from our Mum.

I guess, when my hair turns grey and my wrinkles dominate the surface of my face, the only thing that I reminisce on are those things, good, positive things that I have done, places I have gone to, challenges I have overcome and people I met and those who are still with me.


More importantly, just be grateful for everyday that you are still alive to breathe in this air. :)

1 comment: