Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fembot. No I wasn’t swearing...

I have not been reading or buying women magazines these days. I would usually buy them for the health, workout and fashion tips they have, which are really useful.

I am a stylish hippie so being in the know always works to my advantage.

However, due to lack of time, I don't buy them anymore. Glossy magazines are getting expensive nowadays, no? I mean, one of the regulars I used to buy cost me only about RM 4.30 back then. Now they are priced at RM 5.70! the other one is now priced at RM 11! Add those up and you can get yourself a double shot tall iced Caramel Macchiato and hours of free wireless!

Anyway, my cousin, who is now studying in JB, left a couple of rather interesting women magazines here at my aunt’s house. It is a good toilet read. It was actually a 2007 publication but to me, whatever goes, as long as it’s readable and well, understandable. Reading Shakespeare in the toilet is quite heavy for the bowels... yknowhatimean?

One article caught my attention. The author was talking about the rise of FemBots; women who are emotionally detached with naked ambitions and who are fearful of commitment. I don't know if I am cool enough to be a part of a clique which included Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson and Drew Barrymore, but there is one statement in the article that I could identify with. It is under the section that says Emotional Anorexia and it is one of the cons of being a FemBot, which goes, quote;

“... Being emotionally detached and in control 100% is not healthy... it’s psychologically destructive. It’s also very selfish, because you are not making any sacrifices. If you have a negative ‘I don't need anyone’ thought pattern, you’ll get precisely out of your life what you have put in, which is basically zero. There is nothing wrong with being vulnerable, either physically or emotionally. Everyone likes to feel needed.”

Unquote.

In a way, I do think that way at times. Sure sometimes I whine about wanting someone in life but deep inside I know my life is better without worrying about whether that someone genuinely likes you or is it just really the sex that seals the deal. Sacrifices? I think I have done enough to feel as if everything I have done was never appreciated. Sacrifices my ass. Vulnerability would only show that I am weak and I would not serve any purpose whatsoever. I don't think a man ever need anyone, so why should I be needing them around.

Some people thought that I am just being choosy and ‘mengada – ngada’ when they read my last post.

They said, heck, ‘kau jugak yang kata kau nak kahwin kan? Bila ada orang nak, ko tolak. Hapa – hapa ntah. Diorang kan kaya. You are made for life.’

I always tell people that maybe I would just marry an old millionaire so that I would be taken care of for life. But do people actually believe that I would be doing that? HELL NO. So to think that I would just marry anyone who has money is a HELL NO thing to think.

But still, to say that I am a FemBot, is an overstatement, to say I am not, is an understatement. Maybe I am just stuck in limbo, probably you can just say that I am somewhat FemBot-ish.

I have told my Mum once that I would rather be alone than unhappy, which happened to be a line from that Whitney Houston’s song ‘It’s not right, but it’s Ok’, you know those days when Whitney still have a bit of meat on her and when she was not known as Mamasan Whitney?

At the rate men are constantly proving to me that I am right and the way they managed to show me that they are nothing but lying fucks with a really bad joke, Akak can vomit blood la bai!

So... bak kata auntie Whitney; It’s not ‘rait’... but it’s Ok-la jugak.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. If Angelina Jolie was a Fembot, what's she doing with so many kids and Brad Pitt? Anyway, you're not that hardcore yet. There's still hope for you me thinks.

    I don't get what's with the dudes that you hitch up with. It just doesn't compute with me.

    ReplyDelete