Friday, February 16, 2007

BLURRY...

If you look at this long enough, you will realize that somethings are just not worth it...




I was a bit disturbed yesterday.

Not only was I disturbed, I was also disgusted.

I guess if it is one thing that I cannot live with, that will be the fact that I actually know a guy who thinks that way.

I found it both degrading to myself and to be honest, I was disappointed, in him. Because I really thought that he was different. And as a friend, I found myself questioning this friendship I have with him.

*Sigh*

I guess it was also because I have been deprived of beer for the whole day and has come up with a mini resolution to not intoxicate myself with alcohol for the coming few weeks (IF I could – la)
--
A friend of mine was recently diagnosed as HIV positive.

He was so devastated that he was thinking of jumping of a roof to end his life.

His girlfriend tested and was thank God determined as HIV negative.

For the past few years, he has been going on frequent overseas business trips.

The girlfriend, even though she was disappointed and frustrated over the whole thing, decided that she should be by his side, at least for now, because she believes that he needs help and support. At this point, he seemed confused and even though he is a self made man, is a broken man.

For now, she told me.

She couldn’t help but to cry, anyway. To find out a man she is so in love with cheated on her was nevertheless a bitter pill to swallow.

This got me thinking.

Say, if it’s the girlfriend who fooled around and contracted the deadly disease, would the boyfriend be as sympathetic, empathic and supportive as how she is now.

I and another girlfriend talked about it, and she shook her head and said no.

Women will always relent in relationships. She is also always the first one who notices things. She will also always be the one who forgives.

She will never be forgiven, but will always be the one who is blamed.

I thought that was suffocating but grimaced at the truth of the whole thing.

We at the losing end?

3 comments:

  1. I beg to differ, in my opinion no single behaviour is gender-based. Generalisation is over-rated. In the end any human behaviour & decision depends on that individual regardless of one's gender or race :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sure...always we lose out...coz we let it happen..
    Hi there Sarclover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Frapp,

    i guess it's overrated in a sense, but Malaysians never actually have sense do they?? uhum..

    BlackFeline,

    hi babe. thanks for dropping by. i think the reason why we lose out is mainly because of our feminine instincts. i, for now, could only try to not let that happen.. :)

    ReplyDelete