Thursday, February 8, 2007

1 day before Birthday -- ahh DRATS!

Okla peeps. I’ll spare you the drama with my therapist and all today.

Today, 1 day before the dreaded Birthday.


The Peeps aka 'The We Are So Stressed, We Need Beer Clan' (Except Rin-la)

Yesterday, I went out with the rest of my beautiful friends, a table full of babes and one thorn among the roses. We were chilling out at Lush, the latest bar to hit town. They play the likes of Jamie Cullum, Diana Krall and Ray Charles (Can’t believe when I heard ‘Hit The Road Jack’ last night!). Everything was so new that even the beer tastes plasticky and new-ish. We did ask the waiter to change our funny tasting beer.

It is normal for the conversation on the table to go from things at work to dumb things like figuring out what ‘ikan kurau’ is called in English.

Rin talked about the latest major no – no her management has done to her, that is to give her short notice of giving up her office which she has been in for the past 3 years to a fresh graduate whose only experience in working has been an internship with 8TV.




Me and my Sista... Rin

I know what it’s like in 8TV. They are pretty much running around unorganized themselves, so to brag about having worked with them is a waste of time.

I was known, in this ex company of mine to be one of the bitches with a killing tongue. I am sarcastic, and that paired together with my ‘arrogant’ look, is enough to intimidate people. I told Rin, if I am the one who’s ‘teraniaya’ (Mistreated) like that, I would surely kick a fuss and make the so called ‘Executive’s’ life a living hell.

It is time, I thought, for Rin to move on. Like me… hehe…

It was great catching up with friends and just, talk. Anna knew about what has been going on with me lately, but she didn’t ask me a lot of things about that. Besides, she hated BF(ex) and was only too glad that we broke up. Awi too has been anticipating us to end it a long time ago. For some reason, I have ignored all the signs coming from my dear friends all along. See – la how blind we could get when we are in ‘so – called’ love.

Enough about that. Since my birthday is coming, I have made it a point to do a list of things for me to achieve from then onwards;

Final glass, final jug, and not drunk... but enough to knock my lights out in bed later hehe..

1) Save money for new car – Sarcy is a working girl, no funding whatsoever from parents or anyone else. She has been on her own eversince forever actually.


2) Move out from family house after buying new car – Sarcy treasures her privacy. She is very different from the rest of the people in that house and therefore would do better when not in their company.


3) Pursue degree (officially and seriously) in Journalism – Writing has always been in her blood eversince she was small and being that she was the only one in her 4th grade to read Tolstoy’s War & Peace-->am such a geek eh? <-- it is only something that she has to do.


4) Stop paying bald therapist – ay?:)


5) Treasure friends and family more – Saya sudah bertaubat. Saya tak akan buat lagi. (Iloosely translated; I have repented, I will never be a dumb ass anymore)

5 comments:

  1. no 1,2 & 3 goes hand in hand with moving to kl.. hehe..

    bila mau mari sini? your kambing getting bored already..

    ReplyDelete
  2. babe,

    i miss you so much. your present is waiting for the owner to come and get it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're having a good one ;-) I must visit the south soon ... plastic beer and all LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday, babe. missing you lots.

    love lots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Des,

    i am getting bored already. tulah the last time want to go chillis taknak la pulak... chehhh!

    Sheryl,

    i miss you too babe. remember the beer session we had at TGI? aiyahh.. at elast back then i have girlfriends who enjoy drinking in a quiet environment la kan... :)

    LX,

    my Birthday was full of treats, no pressies, just one, from one of my best friends. i would rather have pressies.

    Beskot,

    Babe, it was nothing but turning older also make you realise that life is short and you have to make the most of it. now i am figuring out how could i ever smooch Taye Diggs la kan... like seriously haha!

    love you lots too babe!

    ReplyDelete