Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2011, Hear me BLEAT!!!!

First of all *Ehem* :

Gong Xi Fa Chai!!! Xin Nian Quai Le!!!!

Ok...

So in the spirit of the rabbit, I hopped to work just now. Had a restless sleep, kept on waking up every two hours for God knows why.

And then I spent the first part of my evening in conference calls, email replying and buying my team food.

I googled for a while (I am a fantastic multitasker -- -_-) and found this out :

Earth Goats – Years 1919 and 1979


Stable with feet firmly planted in the ground, Earth Goats are conservative, independent and practical, but not very confident in themselves. Most important in life is the family and they truly enjoy all that life has to offer.


Compatibility

Goats are compatible with Rabbits and Pigs and incompatible with the Rat and Ox.
--


I have to say that there are discrepancies in the statement.

For one, I am not a family oriented person. I love being on my own and although I love my family to bits, too much of family gives me hives. I have been living with my parents when I was in JB and there is not one day that went by without us picking on each other.

Living apart saw us being nicer to each other, we are even able to understand each other better. If that's not a positive progress, I don't know what is.

I will be there for them when they need me, and I will go back to my life when there is no need for me to be around.

Apart from that, I am a wee bit conservative especially when it comes to culture (Which is, in my opinion, the only slice of identity we have left) and I have two of them. I am independent and practical.

What I also didn't know is that there are 5 elements to a Goat, and because I was born in 1979, I am an Earth Goat.

Interesting? I even found how Goats are like in every specific element in life :

Chinese Zodiac - Goat


Personality

Occupying the 8th position in the Chinese Zodiac, the Goat (or Sheep) symbolizes such character traits as creativity, intelligence, dependability, and calmness. Comfortable being alone to ponder the workings of their inner minds, Goats enjoy being part of a group, but prefer the sidelines rather than the center. Their nurturing personality makes Goats excellent care-givers. They’re quite and reserved because they spend much time absorbed in their thoughts.

Home and alone is where Goats feel most comfortable. There they can express themselves artistically, whether it’s by painting, cooking or participating in whatever artistic endeavors they enjoy. Goats prefer the couch because there they can relax and explore their minds. They don’t need elaborate furnishings; only items reflecting their desire for art.

When traveling or seeking entertainment, Goats prefer groups or venues that hold many people. Goats spend money on fashions that give them a first class appearance. Although Goats enjoy spending money on the finer things in life, they are not snobbish.

Health

Perhaps because Goats are basically serene, they tend to have fewer health problems. Their fragile exterior hides the fact they’re typically very healthy. When they’re happy, they’re healthy. When Goats become unhappy, especially as a result of romance, they quickly become sick.

Relationships

Goats tend to be private, so it can take effort to get to know one. The Goat is the one who will decide when and with whom it will share its personal life. As a result, most Goats have few “close” friends, yet they’ll work hard for those they love.

Career

Goats at work prefer being part of a flock. Power and status aren’t important. Goats will only assume leadership roles when asked directly. They’ll never volunteer. Good career choices for Goats include: florist, interior designer, daycare teacher, pediatrician(!!) actor, editor, hair stylist, illustrator, musician, and art history teacher (egad... what?), .

Except for the ones in orange... Spot on!

Go here if you want to know more about yours.

http://www.chinesezodiac.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment