Sunday, August 1, 2010

The so called one week 'chilling' session...

I always think of long holidays as deceiving.

It is deceiving that one is to think that a long holiday could in anyway make you 'relax'.

I am still trying to figure out just on which day of last week was I really... relaxed...

Sure I have a lot of time to kill (Which killed me!). The fact that I have a lot of time made me anxious. I don't know what to do with it.

So I spring cleaned my room, made a floor plan of my house and think of the best way to decorate it with, Yoga and worked until 2 am in the morning while watching movies on my laptop, downing water and dried apricots.

I went back to JB on Wednesday.

I mentioned that my bro was getting solemnized last week. Everything went on considerably ok.

He is now safely married.


The solemnization took place in Jabatan Agama Islam Johor because his wife is a Muslim convert. There were 5 other couples there waiting for their turn. We had to wait for the Tok Kadi for about 20 minutes.


At night, we held a feast for friends and family. The menu (although I didn't take a picture of the food) was Biryani rice, lamb curry and fried spicy chicken.

Needless to say, I OD'd on my rice intake this week. The rice was too good that I can just eat it without anything else...

And of course, being that it was my family's do, we had a Ghazal band entertaining the guests;


And... of course, Joget Zapin!!!


There is a speculation that my wedding (HAHAHAHA) will be bigger.

I want a small wedding... close friends and family. But of course, that would NEVER be the case.

You see, as far as weddings are concerned in Malaysia, and this is applied to all the races in Malaysia, almost everyone will be invited. 70% of the people attending will not be the bride and groom's friends, it will be the many relatives (twice or thrice removed) who you didn't even know existed and the parent's friends.

This is a family portrait, without my Dad because my Dad was outside with the guests and we didn't know where he was at the time.


And another one with my cousins and my aunties;


And I must put this picture in... I love this little darling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment