Friday, June 7, 2013

Satanic Posession

Being a Malay who does Yoga, I have had all kinds of comments and backlash about my Yoga practice.

The only thing that spared me from a whole lot of bullshit, is the fact that I don't really look like a Malay. For one, I am not really a Malay, technically. My mixed heritage kind of shielded me from all the unnecessary hassle.

I am very open with my practice. My family, including my extended family know that I am Yoga-centric. I wear my Mala beads even when I visit my grandparents and they have been pretty open with my beliefs, as far as yoga is concerned.

I focused on yoga more when Tom died late last year. I held on to my practice and was glad that I can shift my mind off the death by being on the mat.

Yoga was a channel for me to communicate with myself, to be in peace. It helped me a LOT. I got back a part of what I have lost through yoga.

So imagine my annoyance when I was informed by a mutual friend of this :


So what now... I am a satan possessed person in my chakrasana just because I am practicing compassion and patience on my mat???

And do you know what I say to that? I won't show the finger, I won't say the F word.

But I will say this to everyone who thinks like him :


You can bend and kiss your own non-yogi arse.

PS : Yoga in skinny jeans... The hardest thing aside from any arm balances.

With Love, Namaste.

Ayu

1 comment:

  1. Hi Izchan,

    In a morning daze, I accidentally tapped on delete comment. So let me re-publish it here :

    'Funny. But it does not help the cause. Been through something similar.

    People will just point to our reactions and say that is exactly how Satan plays their puppets.
    My latest reactions have been a bit more subtle.
    I say, "well I will see you in hell then.:) " note: including with the smiley face. '

    Hahaha.. Sorry babe.

    I agree, and I like your suggestion. ;)

    ReplyDelete