Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for. ~ Dag Hammarskjold (1905 - 1961)

I stumbled upon the quotation somewhere in a book.

I also remembered someone saying that people can be alone, even when they are surrounded by other people, talking to them, reacting to them.

There is always that 1-2 seconds of loneliness, if you are quick enough to notice, to catch.

I like to be on my own. My 'Me Time' is important. It's that space I zoned out to and it's the only time in the week where I would be able to sit, sip coffee, finish my book and enjoy.

However, I would love to have another person to be with, other than my 'Me Day'. Another person I can be at ease with, who thinks the same like I would of them.

Life had been weird eversince then. I was put off from flirting and dating. I find it extremely tiresome. The only good thing that came out of it was my yoga practice. I held on to it and started to go at it, daily. 6 days a week of 1 - 1 and half hours of namaskars and breathing helped.

I became withdrawn and even subdued at times.

I made friends from online dating sites. Something about me, put them off. It may have been the vibe I give out when I do meet these people. I was hesitant and reluctant. I still am.

When Aussie came into the picture, I was still that person. My walls are still up, and he knows that. When he came up to me about his India yoga retreat plan for a year, I encouraged him to go. I guess deep inside, I wished, I can do the same, to get away from everything.

We keep that window open. If the day comes, then we will get on that wagon, and we both can try. If not, all is well, and none will be lost.

At least, from a 'glass half full' perspective, I still have that chance to find that something great, worth dying for.


With Love, Namaste.

Ayu

No comments:

Post a Comment