Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Teaching yoga, really?



I teach my best friend yoga. I also give advise on yoga to my friends who asked.

Of course, if I don't know, I would say that I don't, and I would find out.

Recently, a friend remarked that maybe I should consider becoming a teacher. My reaction at first was to chuckle.

I responded with :

'Naah. Maybe not now. I don't know a lot of things about it.'

The thing is, I enjoy teaching yoga. Of course, I can teach beginner's poses only but I actually... enjoy teaching.

Bear in mind, I have never liked teaching. Anything. I tried teaching English to my siblings. I was impatient. I could not understand why people can't understand what I understand, why they were not able to see what I see.

This was of course, when I was younger, when I was more rash, when I was more hard headed.

But, that was English. This is yoga.

You have to demonstrate the move, you have to correct the alignment, and you have to push them to do more.

My short term resolution for now as far as this is concerned, would be to maybe go for a teacher's retreat.

I will have to wait until I can successfully do an unsupported headstand impromptu anywhere first.

Wish me luck.

With Love, Namaste.

Ayu

2 comments:

  1. It took me a while but I figured out something about teaching.

    I don't teach.
    I share.

    Once I got that into my mind, it became clearer what I needed to do and why I do it.

    Think about it.
    It might change your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. izchan,

    Thanks babe. I have been thinking about it too. It's essential for me to think about what I want to do in the long run. Afterall, I have only myself to depend on. I have to start deciding now.

    ReplyDelete