Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dating (Part 2)

I will try online dating once in a while, when I need a bit of a self - esteem boost.

At my age, and given that I rarely go out and meet people, limits my social circle even further. I am hopeless when it comes to mingling now. I can no longer fake interest in meeting people. 

I may be one of the few who maintained my identity on line. Other than my love for Yoga, I keep everything shrouded in a cloak of vague data. 

As a self acclaimed narcissist, posting photos are one of my favorite things to do on these sites. Yes, I am well aware of the risks. But hell, what's life without a sprinkle of this and that, eh?

So, did I 'score' dates from these online dating sites?

Hmm... well... I would love to say yes, but no, not really. 

I have my own preference, personally. Most of those who messaged me can't seem to even at least, punctuate properly, and those who can, are chauvinistic pricks. 

I need to be interested in order for an online communication to develop. Without that sense of interest, everything else will just go down the gutter in most cases. 

I did respond to a few messages. I responded to a writer, a fellow Yogi, an eccentric musician and a free spirited 'educator'. 

Did I meet any of them? 

I met the Yogi and educator. 

Did anything spark from the meet? 

NO. 

I think there is still a part of me that is still holding on to Tom. My dead ex seemed to be ruining everything for me nowadays. LOL. 

I am not going to be the one who is going to initiate anything. I am not willing to do that anymore. Or, to be more accurate, I no longer have the strength to do that anymore.

It is unfortunate, but the next guy who comes along after this is going to have a HARD time convincing me. He can blame on all the other pricks I dated before... 

And yeah.. he can blame my dead ex too for this wall I put up in front of me. 

With Love, Namaste.

Ayu


No comments:

Post a Comment