Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Beach Bummery

I spent about 3 days in Perhentian Island last weekend. We took a 7 hour roadtrip up to east coast, because we wanted to make stops along the way. I went with my best friend and my two close friends.

It was my first trip with friends and also my first to Perhentian Islands. Once we reached to the island, I fell in love with the place.

I love beaches. I don't know why, it evokes some kind of nostalgic sentiment, together with that feeling of peace and calm.


When the view is this beautiful, you tend to marvel at the universe more than anything. 



I found myself looking at these picturesque scenes during my 30 mins yoga morning practice, with a weird sense of revelation and reverence.

For some reason, I was thinking more about Tom than I ever did before. The beach and the sun always reminds me of him. He loved it, just as much as I do. I wished I was able to bring Tom here, to see how beautiful this part of the world really is.

I know that I didn't mean much to him, something that I can never get a definite answer on. No closure.

But that is something I will just have to learn to let go and live with.

I had fun nevertheless, with friends. I had a few hours of me time in between, especially when I was on my mat.




And of course, yoga pose attempts that I want to perfect in the coming 6 months.



I intend to perfect my beach bum skills by learning how to swim.

Unless you plan to join all the 5 year olds in a pool, the fees to learn how to swim is outrageously expensive. Maybe I can finally do some swimming during my next beach getaway.

And also to really be in peace with myself.

With love, Namaste.

Ayu

No comments:

Post a Comment