Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Peeved

I hate hypocrites.

I know of a woman who complains when her expat husband eats bacon. She thinks it's foul and kept on saying that he shouldn't do it because he has converted to Islam and is not supposed to be eating that 'haram meat'.

All this, despite the fact that they have been having sex before their marriage, and also that she drinks alcohol, which is 'haram' every other time.

She justifies her act of drinking beer in Ramadhan by drinking it discreetly. She asked her husband to buy fastfood for her because she is unabke to do so, because she is supposed to be fasting.

Seriously.

I don't hide my religious 'petulance'.

I drink beer, and I eat and drink outside. I believe it is a bigger insult to the religion if I fast without sincerity and doing it just because everybody else is doing it.

Of course, I don't really have a strong belief in the religion. And I think one of the reasons why I am still single is my inability to stomach my other half converting to the religion just to be with me.

I am all for a civil marriage. And I do want my children to have options. I don't believe anyone has to be born as anything. Just like how we do not fancy being stuffed with things that we don't like, it is also wrong to 'stuff' an ideology up your kids' assess.

One of the first things I posted on FB at the start of Ramadhan is for everyone who wants do it, to do it... because they want to, because it is better for them to not do it, if all they are doing , is to pretend ... thinking pretention is better than not being normal.

Which will never be right...

So.... selamat Hari Raya, and have sincerity in celebrating it. Because if you don't have that, all the prayers in the world won't save you from your impending karma.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment