Sunday, July 5, 2009

"You should be taking before and after pictures"

Yeah... like hell I would.
I was talking to Tyler, one of the sweetest guy who I got to know through a friend who is now in New York. He made it a point to touch base with me at least once every two weeks, a gesture which I appreciate deeply.
It was about 2pm EST (That's 2 am our time) on July 3rd and so, I guess, even if I was slurring... my brain worked just fine because I woke up with full accounts of what we talked about.
We talked about the latest development in our very insignificant lives. About me transforming to a gym junkie and about his job, adventures and misadventures in NY.
He came from DC and he prefers DC, but he said, aside from the really ridiculously high cost of living in NY, guess it wasn't that bad.
He is positively the only white guy who loves all the Malaysian spicy food. The last time we had Banana leaf rice lunch over at Nirwana in Bangsar, he was enjoying it much more than I did. He was literally crying his eyes out.
He also loves Asam Pedas, Sambal Belacan and all kinds of curries.
The hotter the better.
"I am getting skinnier." I slurred... well... I think I slurred.
"I don't think you need to get anymore skinnier but ok."
"No Tyler.... I am getting skinnier. I love it."
"What's your ideal weight?"
"50 frikkin' 2. According to my BMI. As you know, I am short... and extremely wide."
"You are short compared to an American... yes... but you are not wide - lah."
Yes... the white guy ended his sentences with a very typical '-Lah!'.
"Shut up lah!"
"You should be taking a before and after picture." He said before chuckling.
My American friends (Bless them! Afterall, their country is in pretty bad shape... Obama my other boyfriend is doing all he can and it is not entirely their fault that the previous idiot of a president mess a lot of things right?) always thought that I am skinny. One friend even cooked me collard greens, which is my favorite, just because she thought I should eat more.
Hee... like hell no. Asian wise, I am overweight. My butt is the size of a small country named Sarcloveria and have roughly a population of maybe 500 Sarcloverians. I am the Queen... No king to rule my ass of yet.
*Sigh*... I miss Tyler.
Anyway... on Independence long weekend, I actually slept the rest of my Fridays off, went to the gym on Saturday and Sunday and right now I am spending my free time updating ths blog in Starbucks. I feel like I want to pee... I think it's the exercise and the fact that I downed gallons of water during my workout and, one glass of Iced lemon tea and a Tall low fat latte.
Too much liquid for my 'made in China' bladder.
I am also thinking about what to make for dinner. I have chicken fillets and vermicelli... hmmm... I think I will make vermicelli cooked with brown sauce... that means I need shitake mushrooms, which kind of tastes like petai... no?

2 comments:

  1. I honestly don't think Shitake Mushrooms taste like petai. Then again I don't like petai so I don't really care for that taste.

    And from the mug shots you've taken, I don't think your butt is the size of a small country :P

    ....

    ....

    Maybe a small island. *cabut*

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in Uni, some boys made fun of my butt size. They dated and married thin girls. Two years ago, I met one of the boys (yang sudah jadi bapak orang) and guess what, his wife's butt sudah lebih besar daripada I punya!!!! Hahahahahaha!
    So, keep on gymming, it will help you maintain your butt size! and make it firmer too.

    ReplyDelete