Sunday, May 27, 2007

Being Strange and indifferent

I was throwing tantrums.

Major ones.

With Phil.

Minutes after my meeting with Ex(BF).

For the first time ever, I was shouting at Phil and Phil, after keeping quiet for sometime, decided to shout back at me.

We were shocked at ourselves, of what we are capable of doing, shouting to each other. I picked up my bag and drove home.

A few minutes later, when I was still in my car, pretty much still repulsed over the whole thing, Phil texted me;

“Honey, I am sorry. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

It wasn’t until 11 pm did I replied his text;

“Sunday. I’ll see you on Sunday.”

My Ex(BF) had that effect on me. Whenever I meet him, I feel inadequate. The only reason why the relationship didn’t work in the first place was because I was not the one. He wanted someone who could baby him and give in to all his whimsical needs.

I was not that person. I am not that person to start doing housework in his apartment just because he MIGHT be that one I will share every thoughts and opinions with for the rest of my life.

I WILL be that person, when he IS that one I will share every thoughts and opinions and possibly our lives together with.

I wanted to be sure, I have never been sure about anything my whole life. It wasn’t until I am thrown into a situation would I find out that I could actually do it.

Life has been rough on me the past few months. More commitments, frustration, disappointment and the realization that I was only hanging on to someone because of my thirst for affection that I have not been getting for the longest time broke me sometimes.

“You are really concerned about that? About not having someone?”

Someone asked me that before. Someone whom I thought was just pretending to care about me. Recently, I feel that he wasn’t, and he won’t. He will not care, he never does.

My moodswings have been murderous to me that past few weeks. No amount of Xanax could help me there. I text people I have never texted before and I look at everything negatively. My sarcasm is not helping either. I get painfully angry, and full of angst.

Phil was my punching bag. That Sunday, I told him we should not see each other again. I don’t want to waste his time, and I don’t want to waste mine. I don’t want a rebound fling. Phil is too good for me.

He doesn’t deserve a drama slut.

Nobody does.

--

People talk behind others’ backs.

I tried not to, but sometimes, it’s hard to do that when everyone in your circle just, do.

Recently, I got to know that some of our relatives, my aunties namely, have been talking about our family.

I was indifferent to it. I acknowledge it as human nature. People talk, gobs could not be cemented shut. We could only wish we could literally make that happen.

People are only interested in bad things, never the good ones.

They talked about me still single, boyfriend – less and my tendency to hook up with foreigners, my so called ‘lavish’ lifestyle that was summed up from the number of shoes that I have (you could say that I am the Imelda Marcos in the family), my arrogance and my family’s awkwardness in helping out in the kitchen during ‘Kenduris’.

We admitted to us being untrained in the kitchen, as far as these things are concerned. We made up for it by contributing cold hard cash.

We are no hypocrites, if there is one thing that is outstanding about my family, it’s that. We stay true to who we are, and never tried to pretend as if we are something else. Unlike some of those two – faced relatives we have hovering on our back.

‘We jaga tepi kain sendiri, tak ada masa nak jaga tepi kain orang.’ I told my Mom.

And so what if I am still single, so what if nobody wants me because I am too frikkin’ opinionated, SO WHAT? I make more money than anyone of those bitching housewives get from their husbands.

I look better than them lot too.

So, open those gobs wide, be truly Malaysian and kaypohchee your way to hell, honestly, I really don’t care, just as long as I don’t stoop down to your level, that’s fine by me.

15 comments:

  1. the world if full of hypocrites and kepochis nowadays..

    ReplyDelete
  2. people r naturally afraid of things or other people who r different from themselves, so they expect us to conform. some old timers especially just don't give a shit about how others would feel resulting from their backstreet talks. i guess we just have to swallow it. we're different, ya know. but that makes us special. and THAT makes them feel small. i think la.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part 1 - Hey babe, take your time, when the right one comes along, you'll know. Even if he doesn't, you can always hook up with KCL :D *wink*. Meanwhile this is the time to enjoy whilst we are at that 'not so young and not so old but just nice' age!

    Part 2 - Biasalah tu. Insecure people will always look down on others to convince themselves that others are worse than them, even if its not true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. u tell them girl!! dem! i admire ur gutsy zesty attitude. need some to rub on me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. buat bodo jek.that will shut them out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarcy dear

    i've been through hell myself for the past six months [also a failed relationship] and i think i know how you feel. and you're right, we shd not go for new relationships on the rebound. it takes courage to be alone again and face our demons all by ourselves.

    as for yr relatives talking behind you, well unfortunately yes they do that too. my elder brothers, heck, even one sister-in-law also ask when on earth i'm going get married. as if they will even sponsor my wedding anyway! as if i owe them any explanation. and as if they don't know it's all in God's plans. hmph!

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAIYAA..

    i don't really like emo posts.. do you??? i would like to apologize for going back on my principle (the not liking emo post part)

    God please dont make me write more of it

    ReplyDelete
  8. anyway.. hehe..

    Des,

    kegiatan mereka semakin menjadi2

    Mommy,

    yah.. maybe.. but you will have to admit, they DO get on your nerves!

    Diamond babeh,

    Part 1- what is KCL? (Or who rather?)

    Part 2- so we should be proud that people looked up to us that much?? hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  9. inn,

    my zesty attitude?? i thought my gas sudah takde.. now i am like carbonated water without the Co2.. hehe...

    Tiena,

    sedang membuat bodo..

    Nell,

    plenty of demons coming my way dear.. plenty...

    ReplyDelete
  10. on the ex, lose him. tak payah jumpa la babe. stay away from him because if he has this effect on you every time, it's not worth the time seeing him.

    on the extended family, let 'em talk. for actions speak louder than words...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jade,

    i met him because of some official business babe... just wish we could have it over and done with la kan.. i dont like being Emo begini... huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  12. sarcy,
    Part 1 KCL=kakicucuklangitlah...hehe..ops,jgn hempok I, joking only!..hehe

    Part 2 - But of course babeh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!

    *tergolek2 on the floor. good thing got carpet*

    me and cok is like langit dan bumi. besides, he is into the fairer Chinese looking babes... me... i like em tanned... Hahahaha... got me there hahahaha...

    Part 2- hehehe.. yeap..

    me and Cok.. HUWAHUWAAAAHUWAAA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha! I knew you'd laugh! still it's nice to know you got choiceskan...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cok as a choice??

    hehe... never thought of him that way, and i am pretty sure he's never thought me like that oso...

    but.. this is entertaining nevertheless la cik berlian .. eh.. diamond babeh..

    ReplyDelete