Saturday, April 14, 2007

Being weekends

After a chat with a good friend on YM, I realized that I need something to fuel me through life.

He said I need passion, more of it to make out of life, inspired and rejuvenated. He also told me that all this while, the talk about relationships and such has not done anything but slow me down. He knows I have a hobby, but he thinks I need to do it more often.

“Photography, you like taking pictures right? I have seen some of your B&Ws. They are impressive Sarc. Why don’t you try doing that on digital instead?”

The truth has always been while I always dreamt of owning one of those sleek digi – SLRs, I also know that what I am making at the moment will not be able to accommodate that big purchase, unless I plan to starve and get myself on the bankrupt insignificants list.

Besides, I am not really good at taking pictures, but I am learning and I am still confused over the chemical measurements of photo developing.

Having a darkroom is out of the question also. At least for now.

So last night I told him that I will start a travelog. And I will start it slow, beginning with bits and pieces of exploration here in Johor. The only way to go is from your roots is it not? And I’ll start with the basics;



The Johor Zoo.

The last time I went here was when I was still a kid. Think 12 years old. I remembered being so disappointed when I did not see the lion when all of my aunties said they saw.

That was all I remembered, actually.

So for this visit, I was bent on making up for everything that I didn’t see and was unable to remember back then.

And surprise surprise, the zoo still looked like the way it did more than a decade ago.

And for some reason, I felt a bit, sad and depressed looking at the caged animals.

Maybe it was just me… kot?

These two welcomed me into the Zoo

This 'Burung Unta' does not seem to be scared of me. I don't think that is right


'Panca Sitara' parrot style

This little cutie is a;

David & Goliath


When I went to the on the other part of the zoo the first thing I noticed was the smell. It was congested and poorly kept and I as a Johorean, felt disappointed by the unkempt condition of the animals' enclosure. Is it the lack of funds, or is it the lack of professionalism in managing a zoo?


The second thing that I noticed was that the animals were 'serenaded' by RTM's horrendous radio news. No wonder the 'Orang Utan' looked bored and uninterested.

Like wha?

Overall, Saturday was a great starter for the weekends. I spent about a couple of hours at Hwa Mui like usual for breakfast. I also decided to take a walk around the area and I noticed this;

Cute Eh?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sarcy! I did go to the Johore Zoo once and the condition there was appalling.

    as soon as you enter, the smell could kill you and the poor skinny animals..hmmmm..

    I was grumbling about getting out of there fast when I heard a loud roar!I turned around and saw this sleepy lion..never have I heard a lion roar before but it was enuff to make me run for my life!:p

    btw...your entry to nightcrossings is up..I finally found it...thanks Sarcy..send us more ok...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little that Sarcy knew, the furry animals were taking mental picture of her. So they could recognize when they find her later... jeng jeng jeng

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hv never seen animals in poorer condition than there in that zoo.

    it should've been torn down or relocated a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurnain,

    Stop it man. Enuf of the Save The Animal chat up line. Doesnt work with Johorean chicks. U r better off with souping up your car and increase your tyre size.

    Cheers,
    Sergei

    ReplyDelete
  5. the last time i went to johor zoo,i saw the tigers mating.:p the male tiger was proud enuff to show us his schlong for a few secs.too bad i cudnt capture it on my cam.:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ice,

    isnt it?? made me feel ashamed.

    i took a picture with the lion. i stroke it and i witness it coughing out a furball.

    all is great... :P

    doc,

    little did i know that i plan to turn them into zombies as a part of sinister plan to rule the world!

    heh...<-- Evil Grin

    9,

    ha'ah laa.. i know you will definitely blow your top off la when you enter the place.

    sergei,

    uh...

    Tiena,

    seres??? why didnt they do it when i went la, could save for another blog entry hehehe....

    ReplyDelete