Monday, April 23, 2007

Being celeb-ed, different and tagged

Yeah Right!

--
I did something that was not me by me standard.

Thinking about it made me cringe. I mean, it is … I mean, it WAS normal for me when I was working in KL. In fact, I did it all the time. Most of the time at night, when I don’t want to sleep alone.

But now, I could not stomach the thought of me doing it, here.

Maybe it has something to do with me getting older, hence, mellow – er, hence more responsible? or possibly more chicken – er or wuss – er.

Shucks… being an adult takes all the fun away.

This is a public apology to you know who you are. I am sorry, and I owe you biiig time! But, other than that I oso laf u lonnng taim!
--

I was tagged by Apek Ah – Des. So because I don’t have anything to do today (and also because my boss is in France now and I am one half of the seniors that had to take over), I have decided, let’s waste my time doing this then… hehe… afterall, it is a Friday!

The year I turned 18 was 1997. I was in my lower six in SSI, and my history teacher hated my guts. It could be summed up as a boring year actually because all of my classmates are boring, heh… I hung out the most with my skater friends after school, my hair was cut pixie style and I lost my vir… umm … never mind.

So here goes;

1) You make me wanna – Usher



I love black men. I don’t know why, I just… do. Aside from having a crush on Denzel Washington that year, this cutie came out with this sexy song and blew me away. I’d often lip sync to it front of my dresser at home. Back then, the MP3 revolution was still in the making, and internet was alien to me. So, I would usually play this song over and over again in my Sony walkman. I bought the cassette (Heh…) with my scholarship money.

2) Fly – Sugar Ray



Mark McGrath was cute. He has this ‘I look like a badass but really I am funny-la’ look. And the song was upbeat and it goes with cheering me up every morning on the drabby 1 and a half hour journey to school in the bus.


3) Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems – Notorious BIG



Skaters were a confused lot, as far as music is concerned. We had one dude who listens to Enya and another who cried everytime he listened to Celine Dion. But overall, we were fans of Gangsta Rap and grunge, underground preferred. In ’97, BIG was literally big. He is the godfather of all things violent. Once upon a time ago, when my hair was still short and all the guys around me seemed to have longer hair than I did, this song was played on speakers in all Skate shops.

4) Firestarter – Prodigy



Firstly, this song is never about the lyrics, it’s the sound!

Want to feel dangerous? Want to feel exciting? Team this track together with body piercings and Tattoos and wallah! You get it. Kids just look at you in a whole new light when they found out you had Prodigy in your walkman / Discman. Oh, and remember to color your hair in crazy colors as well. it goes well with scary contacts too.

5) Alright – Jamiroquai



This song speaks for itself. A masterpiece.

6) Push – Matchbox 20



I OD’d on this song. Rob Thomas was dorky looking and I turn off the radio or change the station everytime I heard it.

And for some reason, I remembered this song the most and now, whenever it is played, I would unknowingly sing along to it. Creepy.

7) Lovefool – The Cardigans



Well, I just like this song. It’s nice to sing along to. Now that I am driving, it’s a blast wailing to it in traffic jams.

Uhuh… and it will also remind myself to not be this desperate.

Ahh.. okeh.. penat Akak… I am tagging anybody who wants to do it. Heck babes, it’s a free world la.

P/S --> Sheryl, yours I will do later eh, ikut turn.

1 comment: