Friday, April 6, 2007

Being the new Sarcy





I am different.

If you have known Sarcy personally, you will just KNOW that I have changed.

I now am getting so divaesque in a way. Never go anywhere without heels. Always have make up pouch in my handbag, touching myself up in public, blow dry my hair, blowing at least some 200 bucks on a single item of clothing every month. Ironically, I have also started on my savings account, and et ceteras.


My obsession back in gear, shoes, and more of it.

On the social front, I have been getting date requests from men. I have a third date coming up with a guy who is alright but not quite my taste this weekend. I only said yes, because he is fun to talk to.

I am still seeing Phil, every weekend. We enjoy spending our time together. And unlike my last drab of a relationship, we go to movies more often and instead of freaking over the time, I let it flow. Plus, both of us love to cook and to eat whatever we cooked at the huge balcony of his apartment unit overlooking the sea.

It is still not a relationship though, don’t get it wrong. It is merely a friendship. We like to be in each other’s company. Plus it’s alright for us if one of us could not make it for the weekend.

There will always be another time, and other people to go out with.

I have been in touch with a few of my PR posses these past few weeks. I call them, making lunch appointments, meet up for drinking sessions and constantly making room for new ones in our group.

Family wise, I talked to my Mum more and I stayed at home more on weeknights too. It used to be spent with my ex, which I now see as me being stupid. I ACTUALLY enjoy staying at home and would be contented with my remote and stacks of DVDs, a huge mug of juice and a whole pack of Twisties!

And when I do go out, I go out with friends for drinks, Mamak or just coffee (Irregardless of the rumor that Starbucks Tak Halal. Hell, I can spread the same thing about Chilli’s also if I want.)

My life is so much more fulfilled, I feel.

Of course there were times when I would feel miserable, and just, demotivated but in the end, hey ho, there’s always something to look out for in life, and life is only what you make of it.

All the sudden, I am feeling smurfy. (Read; not blue but happy, joyous, 'jubilated', in a kiddish kind of way)

8 comments:

  1. Ohh yeah! that's called growing up and loving yrself!
    You now view things in an adult manner...you love you, you love being you...so keep it up!

    Go with the flow like you said and things will fall into place..

    On Starbucks being not hahal...lard in cakes maybe ?
    In Singapore most outlets like Pizza Hut, Starbucks and a few others carry a halal certificate to prove it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club babe!

    Missed you.... do come back again to KL ya? Parrrty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm calling you 'smurfete' from now on.

    heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. new hair? nice...

    you mean to say you've received date requests from girls before? mmmm.. sounds like something to blog about.. *hint*hint*

    ReplyDelete
  5. didnt have a chance to get to know the old sarc,but the new one is aight.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hye there new Sarcy,

    i guess i didnt have a chance to know the old one, but i guess the new Sarcy is already awake from the 'long and endless sleep'. this new sarcy seems happier, alive and rejuvanate. Like ti.e.na said, the new one is aight, mate! (say it in aussie way..hehe). Good for you, girl!!

    p.s mana air kopinyer? :P~

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh hell, i was just going to say..

    'you do know what all this gibberish talk mean, don't you?'

    but that's like rubbing salt to wound.

    so, yeah, welcome to the club...

    auntie.

    Hahahahahahaaaaa...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ice,

    well no one said that being an adult is easy eh?? at least we could make it fun.

    Sheryl,

    soon dear, soon.

    9,

    can i call u papa smurf??

    Des,

    i have an aishwarya Rai look alike calling me for drinking sessions. she told me she likes me and all. hehe...

    Tiena & Lilith,

    well, the important thing is that you get to know Sarcy still right? old or new, it doesnt matta.

    btw, lilith, i onee have air sejuk je...

    Cok,

    yah i know i know. you can tell that to my face when i finally meet you... so hard to meet you now. dulu if naik KL, give you a call ja dah buleh meet... well babe, someday...

    ReplyDelete