Sunday, May 18, 2014

Negativity

I have to admit, with certain people, I tend to ... avoid them.

I know of a person who can get downright whiny that he drove me up the wall. I am a patient person.

I am a VERY patient person. So, there is a special place in hell for people who can drive me up the wall.

My parting gift to him was a coffee press for Christmas in 2012. I can never even imagine myself to be sitting at the same table. Again.

To an extent, this may sound mean, selfish... not a good thing for anyone to do.

But I am  doing myself a favor. I don't want to say bad things about this person anymore. I want to spare my best friend the pain of listening to me complaining about this person. I want to spare myself the negativity.

No point living with bitter observation of a person who is not good for you. And I am sure, that person would be glad to be rid of me too.

I wish him nothing but the best in his life. I am not the least sorry for not being there for or with him. I know he has a lot more friends who can handle his emotional outbursts better than I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment