Monday, June 25, 2012

Fire head

I do have a temper.

I know what you are thinking. I am into Yoga right, I 'can't' have a temper. That's....

.... counter productive.

Haha Yeah FML.

I don't lash out. That's not cool. --> Ahaha.. yeah.

I start to attack, with sarcasm. I can be so blunt that I can make people cry.

That's one of the reasons I hate talking to call center representatives. They would usually get me riled up to a point of no return.

I try to not use the F word on phone calls, but Malaysian customer service seemed to call for it to have something done.

I prefer to hang up when things get a bit too dumb and frustrating. I don't want to subject the unknowing and in need of more training Malaysian representative to my sarcasm.

I am maybe... 2 levels away from being the caller from hell.

It is ironic that I manage a call center. And I try my best to maintain the level of professionalism and knowledge in the center by always making sure that my reps know what to say and how to say it.

I do acknowledge that there are things that can't be avoided in terms of process. The thing about the call center I run is, because it is tagged after one of the fortune 500 companies, the service has to live up to that expectation.

This is also because we run a global operation and that we are going head to head with our onshore counterparts, we can't get lazy and be Malaysian.

You do realize that when you take away the 'Y' in MalaYsian, it becomes - Malas-ians.

'Malas' in Malay, means lazy.

It is typical and we have accepted the fact that Malaysian customer service are :

1) Unprofessional

2) Lacklustre

3) Robotic

4) Lacking in common analytical skills

I run the call center and so is very involved in terms of info and knowledge dissemination and also quality maintenance.

It is not easy, but somebody has to do it.

Aside from serving Malaysians, we serve the whole world.

So how do I do it? How do I contain my temper/sarcasm?

I would usually see things as it is, it usually works from that perspective you know.

I have more to say, but I think it's time for me to fix my circadian rhythm, and  I am starting by....

Going off for the day.

Daaaaaa!

1 comment:

  1. I am almost always nice to all the call center people until they act stupid.
    Then you will hear my parental voice kicking in.

    ReplyDelete